YOUR HOMESTYLE INDICATORS
A better knowledge of Interior Design equals a well planned and professional looking space! When I walk into a home I immediately know something about my client: what they collect, where they have traveled, if they have children, etc. And over the years I’ve learned most beautiful interiors are not necessarily the most expensive. I use subtle indicators to get big signs on how my clients and their homes interact. Many folks today are working from home, schooling from home or staying at home by choice. This has sparked an increase in DIY Interior Design as many have had more time living in and really experiencing their spaces. You may be seeing things differently, rooms may not be functioning as you thought or perhaps you are just bored and ready for a change. Before you start tearing things apart and ordering everything you love online, take some time to look deep into your lifestyle and your HOMESTYLE.
Start with these 3 Subtle Indicators that show Big Signs on how you and your home operate.
Then do some Character Mapping
• Large or Small: Not necessarily budgets but the space you have to work with.
• Family, Young Prof or Empty Nesters: Who is living in your home and using the spaces.
• Granite/Hardwood: If you plan to stay are you wanting to put money into your home.
• Less expensive materials: Could be an opposite option.
• Note…look for objects that reflect your personality. If you keep your blender on counter that could indicate health and nutrition are important to you. Show that off with a spiffy blender that has equal personality!
• Clean/Minimally decorated: Would indicate calmness and order are important to you.
• On Trend: Natural materials, white with black and greige walls or luxury vinyl wood planks may be calling out to you.
• Trend Rejector: Refurbishing existing furnishings, like an eclectic look
• Color palettes: These are IMMEDIATE indicators of style preferences.
• Traditional warm tones
• Contemporary cool tones
• Eco Friendly: solar panels or rain water purifiers are a must.
• Furniture Selections: Lower end vs Higher end may indicate whether you like change or are willing to invest in your furnishings. Todays trends tend to lean to disposable vs investment pieces.
Talk Your Tactics: Choose your HOMESTYLE including carefully chosen brands/materials
This is YOUR Dream!
You can make your rooms look larger if that’s your goal, create a functional yet inviting design AND keep it Stylish yet AFFORDABLE! The key is to get to know yourself as if you are your own client.